I forgot to mention that yesterday was an important milestone in HexxagonDS: the first internet multiplayer game over two DS's.
Last weekend, I integrated the network code with the game engine to the point where I could play against a telnet session. In theory, an entire game could be played. So yesterday, I convinced my brother Jon to try it out, and it worked! No network problems!
What's left before another alpha release?
- Updating the temporary status screen to show the turn timer for multiplayer games.
- Finding a bug related to the latest libnds and high-poly models that don't use display lists.
- Fix reading from the realtime clock (again, probably a new libnds problem).
- Temp sound for when moves are made.
- Hosting the game server on the internet
Don't hold your breath or anything. I've been pretty busy working on a different internet multiplayer game