First of all, the new years resolution generator says:
HAHA WHAT WOULD I USE IT FOR!
I don't think I've ever really made a new years resolution before. That wouldn't really fit in my lifelong philosophy of.. goallessness? (If you don't set them, you have not failed at them!) I do have a bunch of shit I want to get done in 2006:
- I want to find work, preferably making video games.
- I want to get my car fixed up, painted, and sold. I want to do all the fixing myself. I want to replace it with an Acura TSX.
- I want to find love, but I recognize the near impossibility of it because of my brain thing (I already did!). Therefore, I want to fail magnificently at it, but I recognize the near impossibility of this...
- Corollary: I will not let my sense of humor about this lapse.
- I want to continue doing everything good I've been doing: watching TV, counting calories, lifting weights, playing video games, programming for fun, playing with synthesizers, ...
Good things from 2005: I got all A's for the first time at college before graduating with a BS in Computer Science. I also learned LISP and J2ME. I got all of my wisdom teeth cut out, which is a net positive. I learned a better way to tie my shoes. I survived Redmond alone, my first voyage somewhere other than the east coast. I reopened kvance.com, which is a pretty good personal website.
AND I am down to the lowest bodyfat percentage I've had since I was sixteen. I'm pretty damn proud of that.
Bad things from 2005: The last half of it, pretty much. Living at home with almost no friends around, and failing to get job after job. I picked a great industry to break into. Car failing in lots of creative ways. My room flooded because of bad plumbing upstairs.
A quote from each month:
- [24 Jan] "Strange, it doesn't feel like the last winter vacation I'll ever have is ending."
- [14 Feb] "∀ x ∈ kvance..."
- [23 Mar] "I knew it would take some real hacking to make use of these disks, so I went to work on it with a hacksaw yesterday..."
- [2 Apr] "On Thursday, my mouth stopped hurting and I achieved total inner peace for about six seconds."
- [19 May] "I finished my last final today. I am unofficially a college graduate. Now what?"
- [12 Jun] "...everything has ground to a halt thanks to GTA: San Andreas. It's like a busy box for grown-ups!"
- [14 Jul] "Not bad for a single day's work. I'd been dreading doing this since like 2002 :P"
- [1 Aug] "Oh no! I dropped the soap!"
- [11 Sep] "So be it.--More--" ... and then on [13 Sep] "Killed by a soldier ant (with the Amulet)."
- [19 Oct] "Yoooy. Oi, oi. Yayaay, oii oi oi oi. Yoooy, yoooooy! Yooy oi oi!"
- [1 Nov] "I would not mind sitting around making icons all day. Can't I just get a job doing that?"
- [31 Dec] "[31 Dec "[31 Dec "[31 Dec "[31 Dec "[31 Dec