Well, the computer is back together. And it even has the case on. I copied everything I could off the old hard drive, but there was a big chunk of errors, so I didn't copy one partition, just certain things off of it. Then, I removed the stripped screw with a pair of needlenose pliers, and threw the old HD on top of the pile. The thing was really heavy, too.
I got a lot of neat junk off of that disk. A lot of it will go on the web somewhere, some time. Here's some random things:
- 30 unfinished Impulse Tracker files
- All my old MODs (I missed them so much :)
- 3 different incarnations of KevEdit
- Greg's MZX 3.0 source code
- Carlos DaSilva's Z2 and source
- SAGAL, my ZZT/MZX launcher
- My old QBasic programs (heh)
- Lots of my old games, written in Game-Maker or in C with wacky shareware game libraries
- This line, from some old code:
void kbd::submit(char chr) /* the ::'ss say that submit is a function in the class kdb, maj */
- MY OLD MZX DIRECTORY! YAY! This includes Krad Funk, Deth Flux, and all my other vaporous MZX projects!
Lots of other stuff, too.
Ah, life is good again.