Holy moley! KevEdit really was portable!
I did (an admittedly crappy job of making) KevEdit glue for exo's SDL functions, and KevEdit compiled with almost no changes. The only thing I had to comment out was the file selector code, since it's DOS centric. But other than that, KevEdit compiles and runs! The colors are wrong, and it takes ~60 seconds to draw the screen, but I can fix both of those. I managed to press 'Q' to quit, and 'Y' to confirm, even though I thought there would be no way in hell my SDL keyboard code (a stub, basically) would work. After some fixing, I should have a screenshot of KevEdit running natively in linux.
||: || excited|
||: ||Dark - Acid-rush|